Massey Ferguson’s new MF 9130 Plus self-propelled sprayer offers value and performance
Massey Ferguson, a worldwide brand of AGCO (NYSE:AGCO), has announced the release of their new MF 9130 Plus self-propelled sprayer for Australia and New Zealand. The new model has been introduced to fill the demand in the market for a robust, entry level machine that will suit smaller and medium sized operators who will appreciate its simplicity, strength and its exceptional value may even have some operators consider it over a large trailing sprayer.
Massey Ferguson has been building the 210hp MF 9130 Plus at its manufacturing facility in Canoas, Brazil for over six years where it has enjoyed great success in the South American market.
Massey Ferguson product manager Tim Oldaker says that the decision was made to build a machine in Brazil because of the need for a competitively priced, straight-forward machine that was strong enough to stand-up to the arduous conditions that many South American farmers experience.
“The MF 9130 Plus definitively hit the mark in Latin America and we’re confident
it will do the same in Australia and New Zealand. We have been putting one of the
models to work in local conditions and it has been performing extremely well. It
has impressed everyone who has spent time behind the wheel or looked it over
on display,” says Tim.
Among the main features of the MF 9130 Plus is a large capacity Bosch Rexroth hydrostatic transmission with three operating ranges. The transmission is coupled with Bosch Rexroth variable displacement wheel motors and final drives. The new model is fulltime 4WD and has a proven cross-drive transmission system.
“It has two large capacity 90cc pumps that work together to maintain constant traction. One pump drives the front left and rear right wheel whilst the second pump drives the front right and rear left wheel,” Tim says. “This ensures that if a wheel hits a wet patch and breaks traction or if the weight comes off one wheel in extreme undulations, all the other wheels continue driving to keep the machine moving forward. Some competitor machines do not have this feature.”
A unique feature of the MF 9130 Plus is the addition of a DA (double acting) valve to the transmission system. This allows the sprayer to run normally at reduced engine RPMs.
Tim says unlike most hydrostatic machines the MF 9130’s engine can happily run at 1700-1800 RPM while maintaining full torque for the engine and hydraulic system.
“The obvious benefits are the machine’s excellent fuel efficiency and prolonged life of the sprayer’s hydraulic system.”
Notable features on the MF 9130 Plus are:
- A proven, reliable AGCO Power six cylinder 210hp Tier 3 engine
- 365 litre fuel tank
- 3000 litre commodity tank with 240 fresh water flush tank
- 549 litre/ min Hypro stainless steel ‘force field’ main commodity pump
- 24m or 28m boom with fence line nozzles and Norac boom levelling as standard
- 1.0” stainless steel boom lines and Hypro nozzle bodies
- Seven section booms with section and rate control as standard
- Hypro chemical hopper and 568 lt/min Hypro reload pump with 2.0” and 3.0” fittings as standard
- Hydraulically adjustable axle spacing from the cabin
- Upgradeable autonomous auto steer as standard
- Air seat with all controls located on arm rest.
- For further information on the new MF 9130 Plus contact our Sales Team on 07 5462 1888